Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Make someone's day.

I recently went to Wal-Mart bought a huge cart load of stuff.  I got in line behind a acquitance of mine who also had a huge load of stuff.  We chatted while we unloaded our carts... it was a lenghtly process.  After I had unloaded my stuff I then realized that the poor guy behind me had less than ten items in his cart and a very patient 2 year-old in the cart.  I quickly apologized.   He patiently answered that it was OK and so on.  When I finished my order I took (with his permission) his milk and put it on my bill.  He thanked me and I thanked him for his patience.  As I pushed my cart away I over heard him and the clerk saying" I've never seen that happen before".  I smiled... it made my day.

I cannot take credit for this random act of kindess.  I actually learned this from a youth minister, Pastor Mike.  Pastor Mike was known and loved for his great road trips.  When Pastor Mike unloaded about a million teenagers at McDonalds he often bought the people who rolled in behind our group their meal.  I always admired his consideration.  To me that is what being a Christian is about.  Others before self.  Thanks Pastor Mike for teaching me!

Please share random acts of kindness here:

No comments:

Post a Comment