Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The road less traveled...

Today I took a walk.  The winter woods had a fresh skiff of snow.  I saw the adventures of Mr. Fox, a rabbit, and a deer as I followed their tracks.  I discovered their secret travels all over the woods.  The stream laughed as it tumbled over rocks.  The crows complained about my presence with their sharp warning "Caw, Caw, Caw!"  A jay scolded as I hiked past.  In the distance I heard the muffled hoot of an owl. 

I was disconnected from the busy rush of the world and it's troubles.  No text messages, no calls, no TV or radio news.  It was wonderful.  I was connected to another world.   It matters not what the troubles of the day may be nature carries on with her work.

I took my peaceful moment with me and cherished it, savored it, and enjoyed it.  I found myself resting in the knowledge that God is sovereign and He will carry on his purposes.  "Let not your heart be troubled for I have overcome the world".

How do you disconnect?

No comments:

Post a Comment