Saturday, February 9, 2013

What not to wear...

I have just spent the last hour in a Juniors clothing store.  I "parked" on a chair  and settled in to wait on my daughters while they shopped. 

A group of young teen girls were shopping together for some sort of dressy occasion.  I watched in amusement as they paraded in front of the large mirror trying on ridiculously short and tight dresses.  Later they began to complete their "look" with shoes they could hardly walk in.  I really don't know what they saw but I saw bumps, lumps, knobby knees and wobbly legs.  I never knew what they actually bought but I hope for their sake nothing.

Conclusion... the two rules for selecting formal ware are:

1.  If you've got to yank it up or pull it down it doesn't fit.

2.  If you can't walk gracefully in the shoes you have picked out- they are not for you.

How do you deal with modesty issues with your daughters?

No comments:

Post a Comment