Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Packers and Horseback Riding?

I am working on my certification for therapeutic horseback riding. This certification will enable me to teach horseback riding to children and adults with disabilities. One part of my test involves riding a dressage pattern in front of two judges. This has been a huge physical challenge for me. I have done exercises, Pilate's, stretches, weight lifting, ballet barre exercises and taken about a million riding lessons and I am still struggling with getting my body to move in motion with the horse. HOWEVER when I look back I see myself improving and getting stronger. It has been a long hard road with many sore muscles.

Last night we went to a Green Bay Packer game. The teams came out on the field and lined up for their exercise routines. As I sat there in the stands I began to notice "Hey I do that exercise for horseback riding". The Packers and I do A LOT of the same exercises. I realized they didn't get on the team by laying on the couch complaining about their life... they worked hard to reach their goal.

Please share how you press through discouragement to keep working toward a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment